Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Day 19 - Calendars



I knew we'd eventually get to those funky, off-the-wall postings where folks would read and go "what in the world??"  It's only Day 19 - oh well, with me sooner is generally better than later.

Today, my youngest and I had a few exchanges to do with Christmas clothes that didn't fit.  It was strange because it wasn't as if everything was too big or too small....some things were gianormous and other things were so small she could barely get them on.  It wasn't as if I didn't do all the shopping for her and it's not as if I don't know what size she is.  She's average in height and build, a tween medium....or so I thought!

At any rate, after exchanges were made we ran to the local giant superstore and looked for wall calendars for me.  Here's the deal.  I LOVE me a good calendar!  Love them!  Love to get them as Christmas gifts, they are my favorite.  You know how in the movie Elf, where Will Ferrell says "I'm smiling.  I like smiling, smiling's my favorite"?  Well I like calendars, calendars are my favorite.  Generally, my family gets me calendars for Christmas.  Not just one, oh no, because I need several.  I need at least one, preferably two, for my office.  I need one for the kitchen and I like to have one hanging in my bedroom.  I'll admit, I'm a bit obsessive about knowing what day it is, what time it is and what's happening tomorrow.  Sadly, this year (and I told them it was because they didn't love me anymore) my family did not get me one, single calendar.  Bah, Humbug!

So today, I bought myself a few calendars.  My calendars don't have to be fancy.  They don't have to be expensive.  I love a calendar that has pretty pictures and maybe a lovely quote or a Bible Verse.  I love a calendar that in some way depicts the kind of month it is....for example, a snow scene for January or some tulips in May.  But I also like a calendar that will give a surprise.  Something new and different every month.  When I buy a calendar, I try hard to judge it by it's cover.  That is, I try not to look at the back to see what each month's photo is going to be.  After all, that spoils things.  I have to assume, if a calendar has a good front photo (which is usually the January pic) then the months to follow will have a nice photo as well. 


Madz and I picked out 3 lovely calendars today and I couldn't be more pleased. 


I feel like I am now ready for 2013 and all the wonderful adventures and surprises it will bring!

Until next time,
Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment