Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

Day 8 - Fun & Games

With children in the 7th and 8th Grades and another in college, this is the first Christmas I don't get to help throw a Holiday classroom party or buy teacher gifts.  Makes me kind of sad, really. 

And so, today, I am grateful for some silliness at my children's Junior High.  Today, for a $2.00 donation for mission work, the kiddos could dress in their Christmas finest, or rather, silliest.
Determined not to purchase anything, we put together these crazy outfits last night.  Ryan's wearing dad's tie from Christmases past and has ornaments safety pinned to his dad's red sweater.  Maddie has a snowman sweatshirt on, which I made by the way - also eons ago, along with a green velvet skirt from a Halloween costume and a scarf from a Christmas Teddy Bear. 


It was early when we took this picture....see, it's still dark outside!  I failed to get the crazy Christmas socks that Maddie is wearing, along with my bright red suede shoes.  To complete the outfits (and because you had to be wearing at least 3 Christmas items) we stopped at Walmart on the way to school (Walmart is really empty at 7:00 in the morning, did you know that?) and picked up a sparkly Santa hat for Maddie and a blue, Denver Bronco Santa hat for Ryan. 

I'll try to snag better pics after school.  We'll see what the mood of my ninos is, at that time.  I managed to completely embarrass them as I was singing "Mamacita, donde esta Santa Claus" at full volume on the way to school.  I was cracking myself up....I was not cracking up the kids.  "Mom," Maddie said, "you are SO off key!"

Yeah, I can't sing.  I can barely play the piano and can't even come close to playing any one of the many instruments my children can play.  None-the-less, it's fun to try!  I love this time of year!!  I'm still laughing at my vocal attempts.  And, despite their teenage angst and apparent appall at my singing, I think I saw small smiles on both of their faces.

Until next time,
Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment