Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Day 28

I lost connectivity yesterday.  Not connectivity to life, thankfully, but to the Internet.  Grumble, grumble.  Couldn't do a post, couldn't send email.  It made me grumpy.  Sometimes, I hate technology.  I unplugged cords and plugged them back in, hit buttons and generally spent my day messing around with my computer, attempting to re-establish connectivity.  The grumps continued.

Then, my husband asked a simple question.  "Did you turn the computer completely off and re-start it?  I'm sure you tried that," he said.  Um....no....never crossed my mind.
 
 

So, late last night, together, we tried the simplest solution.  And, of course, it worked.  But this little computer issue made me realize that so often when problems occur, I go to the most complicated way of solving them, immediately.  I push buttons and click the mouse, rant and rave and get grumpy.  My husband, on the other hand, goes straight to the easy answer and tries that first.  Sometimes, the easy answer is not THE answer and sometimes, his first attempts don't work.  But so often the easy answer is the right answer and so often, by going to the easy-peasy place first, we avoid hours of endless work, worry and aggravation. 


 
I'm trying to remember this.  I'm trying to remember that most of all, God is the easy answer.  By going to Him first, we can avoid heedless worry and aggravation, even grumpiness.  But for me, often the "easy" thing to do is to take problems on myself and start pushing buttons.  Sometimes this works and sometimes this only exacerbates the problem.  Then, when I've gotten myself into a really big mess, I remember and I turn things over to Him. 

How much simpler would life be if I just remembered to turn things over to the Lord right away, before I hit any random buttons and before the grumps have the chance to set in?

Today, I am grateful for the easy answer.

Until next time,
Kathleen

1 comment:

  1. Amen! And I'm thinking if you weren't able to work yesterday we should have gone out for a coffee chat!

    ReplyDelete