Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

An Untitled Post



I think the hardest part about writing a new post is coming up with the Title.  My thoughts for the title of this particular post ranged from "I'm back....." (sounded spooky) to "Honey, I'm home..." (spookier) to "Ugh" (pathetic) to "What have I gotten myself into again?"  I think I'll go with "An Untitled Post".

But I AM back.  It's true.  For months and months I have been thinking and praying about coming back to blogger land.  I follow a wide variety of wonderful, inspiring blogs and each time I read another writer's posting, I'd feel so inspired to write my own.  Events of this past weekend, which were crummy but not life shattering, pushed me over the crevice of whatever had been previously holding me back from posting.  

I stopped posting early last year because at the time I felt one too many pulls in my life and just didn't think I could justify spending the time to write a blog.  At that time I was attempting to blog daily - which truly, is just plain silly.  My goals this time around will be to post as the Spirit moves me, which may be weekly, bi-weekly or even monthly. 

I have to come clean with another reason that I stopped posting.  I was feeling rejection and criticism for my writings.  It has taken me a year plus, many conversations with wonderful and supportive friends and my family and the inspiration of an excellent writer's perspective on criticism (Michelle DeRusha) to decide that regardless of anything else, I have to write from the heart.  I will hopefully not offend anyone with my words, but I realize that some may not agree with what I have to say and that is perfectly okay.  If folks feel offended or radically disagree, they certainly don't have to read my posts.  I will not, for one second, be offended.  

I thought a lot about changing the nature of my postings, but have decided against that.  I kind of am what I am which is a mother, wife, Jesus loving, people loving, Christian and a textile artists.  (I didn't say crafter because that word just makes me cringe, sorry.)  I'm terribly human, quite sinful and a little nuts sometimes -- okay, a lot of the time.  I also have a terrific family and a huge variety of wonderful and amazing friends which will all play a part in what my postings have to say.  It will be interesting to see how things go.  Since I am letting the Spirit move me, I may blog about textile art or I might blog about my faith.  One day, I may want to chat about my job as a mother or wife or maybe the latest book I'm reading.  Off the Trodden Trail will have variety, if nothing else.  


There are lots of exciting things happening in my life right now.  My eldest child will be graduating college in May (yes, I feel old). 

My youngest will be a Freshman in High School in the Fall and my son will be in the 10th grade!  Still feeling old.  (And yes, I am speaking of these children, who were just BABIES in the photos above!) 

A dear friend and I recently got a group of lovely women together to meet monthly, study Scripture and knit or crochet for charity.  It's a group for fellowship and support and has been an immense blessing.  More on that later.  





In the world of crafting (ugh, I used the word) I am working on an Easter rug that another dear friend helped me design, an Easter needlepoint, several small cross-stitch projects, knitted socks, a hand-pieced quilt and lots of other fun needle-arts type projects.  If you know me, it's no surprise that I have so many projects going at once.  I will hopefully have a completed project or ten to show soon!

So there you have it.  If you are reading this first posting, it's because you are my friend or in some way related to me and you received it in your in-box.  If you enjoyed it or decide you like future postings, pass it on.  

Until next time,
Kathleen


2 comments:

  1. Glad you are back! I love hearing what is going on with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to have you back here! Now we have to work on seeing each other in person more often!

    ReplyDelete