Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Completed Custom Piece

 
We've had such a pretty Fall, I just had to start with a picture of our lovely lake.  This is the view out my front door.  I just can't get over how absolutely lovely the weather has been this year and we are in store for another 65+ degree day again today!
 
In the meantime, I've been mostly indoors finishing up a custom piece for two dear friends who wanted to make their mother's 70th Birthday something special.  After much debate, the pattern was chosen and they were able to give me some idea of colors. 


It's always a little nerve-wracking to work on a project like this, making it for someone else to gift.  Will the giver like it?  Will the receiver like it?  Will I like it??
 
There is just nothing worse than putting 25 or 30 hours into a project that I don't like.
Fortunately, I like every single thing about this beautiful little Table Runner.  It measures 12.5"x52" and worked up quite quickly.

Loved the colors, loved the pattern, had fun with all of it, including the dark brown binding that so perfectly framed the piece.

It was delivered yesterday and will be shipped off to the West Coast to hopefully be enjoyed for years to come.
We've had a round of Strep and Whooping Cough go through our household so the last couple of weeks have been a bit dicey.  Everyone appears to be on the mend now and we are looking forward to the Holidays.  Next week, I get to go to the annual Rug Hooking Retreat in Nebraska City with my pal Deb! CAN. NOT. WAIT.  No cooking,  no cleaning, no running errands in the car.  Three plus days of rug hooking and chatting with other lovely rug hooking ladies.  Until then, I am working on craft fair items for a Craft Sale booth that I will be hosting with my girlfriend, Gail.  More on that to come.  In the meantime, God is good, life is topsy-turvy and wonderful and the weather is fine.  What more could a girl want?

Until next time,
Kathleen




1 comment:

  1. Kathleen, it is so beautiful. If for some crazy reason she doesn't like it, I'll gladly take it back and display it in my home! plus it looks even better in person! A perfect gift, fit for the occasion!

    ReplyDelete